EULAR Course on Health Economics in Rheumatology
Health economics covers an important and increasing part of the assessment of burden of disease. It has become an essential discipline to estimate the benefits and costs of health care interventions, as well as to explore how therapeutic innovations can be made available to physicians and patients in our quite constraint economic environment.
The EULAR Course on Health Economics in Rheumatology aims to present the key principles of health economics applied to rheumatic or musculoskeletal disorders:
- Basic principles in health economics and health technology assessment,
- Economic burden (Cost-of illness) assessment,
- Cost-effectiveness and cost-utility analysis using model- or trial-based data for a better understanding of drug pricing.
The course will be based on interactive learning and practical training.
The participant profile for this two-day course is the following:
- Young scientists working in the field of RMD;
- Rheumatologists new to the field of Health Economics and little experience in this area;
- Rheumatologists with the intention to involve in a Health Economics project in the near future;
- Patient Research Partner representatives
Young researchers attending this course will also have an opportunity to get together for future collaborations.
This course will be selective, with competitive admission (send in your CV and motivation text with your online registration) The number of attendees is limited to 30.
5-6 April 2018 in Prague
Programme and registration link will be available shortly. It will be necessary to include a motivation letter as well as your CV.
Registration deadline 31 January 2018
EULAR Course Bursaries
EULAR grants 20 bursaries at EUR250.
Applications for bursaries should include:
- Curriculum vitae with date of birth
- Motivation letter
- List of publications
Please note that a bursary application can only be considered if the course application is also received and if the applicant is below the age of 40 (except patient research partner representatives)..
Apply for a bursary here.
Application process closes 31 January 2018.
Get your overview of the EULAR educational seminars, courses and events here