EULAR Postgraduate Course in Rheumatology
With its postgraduate course, EULAR seeks to update the professional knowledge of young rheumatologists from around the world, whilst giving the participants the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas and experiences.
- Fellows/residents in rheumatology (particularly those preparing for certifying examinations and those who are registered for the on-line EULAR course)
- Clinician scientists in rheumatology
- Newly certified rheumatologists as well as more experienced rheumatologists who need to remain up-to-date in rheumatology and immunology
A unique 3 day (Sunday lunchtime through Wednesday lunchtime) refresher, "crash course", in clinical and experimental rheumatology taught by selected faculty of European experts in a very interactive and cordial environment. Participants have the opportunity to meet the experts in an informal setting and network with trainees and rheumatologists from all over the world.
Interactive workshop sessions
Participants may choose between the following workshops (1 choice)
- How to design a clinical trial
- How to screen and manage adverse events associated with DMARDs
- How to design a study to understand risk factors
- How to screen and manage comorbidities with rheumatic diseases
And can sign up for one of the folloring workshops:
- How to screen and manage risk factors for Osteoarthritis
- How to screen and manage risk factors for Osteoporosis
- How to design and deliver a presentation
- How to write and review a paper/abstract
Recommended reading: EULAR Textbook on Rheumatic Diseases available for 135 EUR plus shipment (30 EUR).
18th EULAR Postgraduate Course
Registration will open in April.
Postgraduate programme 2017
EULAR course bursaries
EULAR grants 20 bursaries to young rheumatologists (below age 40) preparing and presenting their own clinical case during the course.
Applications for bursaries must include:
- Curriculum vitae with date of birth
- List of publications
Please note that you have to be duly registered for the course in order to apply for a bursary. Once a bursary is granted, a reimbursement will be made. From 10 April 2017 you can: Apply for a bursary here
Overview of the EULAR educational seminars, courses and events here