(Senior) Communities Coordinator (100%) Kilchberg – Zurich
The European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology (EULAR) is the organisation which represents the people with arthritis/rheumatism, health professionals, and scientific societies of rheumatology of all the European nations. EULAR is a non-profit scientific and educational association recognised by Swiss law.
As the (Senior) Communities Coordinator at EULAR you will primarily manage all activities of our Health Professionals in Rheumatology, the Paediatric Rheumatologists, and the Network of Young Rheumatologists. This core task comprises the direct interactions with the committees and their chairs, the creation of any artefacts that the communities require, may it be content, communication or other material, and other tasks that serve the communities’ purpose. This is hands-on work where you are happy to create the necessary artefacts yourself or in collaboration with others.
Depending on the development of the communities you may interact with organisations in our member nations. In addition, you will drive our project to handle Individual Membership. And you take care of all applications by national organisations for membership.
To achieve our objectives, you collaborate closely with our communication team to create communication material and achieve visibility and impact for our communities. You align and cooperate with our Patient Community and our Advocacy department to achieve common goals. You drive the communities’ activities at our Congress, and you help organise events for your communities through our Events Team. You create the links between all our departments to keep everybody up to date. And you work closely with our Senior Management to develop the entire Communities department.
Communities and the organisations they interact with, and Individual Members are strategically important topics at EULAR, with high visibility and great impact. As these strategic topics evolve your role will evolve accordingly.
We require that you take a sufficiently senior perspective of driving this development. For this, you are a natural communicator, with a good hand at structuring and moderating meetings and creating documentation. You can help our communities develop and implement strategies. You are happy to create connections and liaise with other organisations. You don’t mind and easily handle administrative burdens that come with the work. And you openly communicate within EULAR. And you create a strong link with the Executive Level to drive the development of Communities and Membership. Applications are considered if you can believably show that you can manage this complexity and have the personality to make your stand.
- Manage the communities of Health Professionals in Rheumatology, the Paediatric Rheumatologists, and the Network of Young Rheumatologists within EULAR.
- Take the business lead in developing our Membership Platform and further Membership packages.
- Manage the administrative aspects of applications for membership by organisations.
- When required support the liaising and cooperation with national organisations.
- Build strong bridges to all departments within EULAR to achieve your objectives.
- Work and discuss with Executive Level on how to develop Communities and Individual Membership.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar field
- Natural communicator, proficient with content creation (plans, strategy, presentations etc.), easy with administrative tasks and with Office-tools
- Project lead abilities and drive to take responsibility for business perspective of projects
- Good understanding of IT platforms and ability to drive the business perspective of such platforms
- Positive personality with very high engagement level and a mature sense of using your own time well
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle several diverse tasks in parallel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German language a plus
- Strong team player
- Sense of ethics, responsibility, and confidentiality
- Availability to travel internationally and (occasionally) on week-ends
- Interest in working with diverse people from different cultures.
What we offer:
- Diverse and lively Community that you will work with
- Flexible work-arrangements with Home-office and full and flexible compensation of overtime based on a 40-hour work-week
- International travel to attractive locations in mostly Central Europe
- Daily sickness benefit insurance (Krankentaggeld) and accident insurance (Unfallversicherung) fully paid by EULAR, with private treatment in case of accident
- The sense of working for a purpose under EULAR’s vision that EULAR all rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases are recognised, diagnosed, and ultimately prevented or cured
Start: Immediate preferred
Application: Send your CV, reference letters and letter of motivation in one PDF file to the attention of Dr. Stephan Maier, Executive Director.
Subject line: Communities Coordinator