EULAR Research Consortia Partnerships
EULAR collaborates with consortia across Europe to help incorporate the patient perspective in all stages of international research on rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs). This work is led by the EULAR PARE (People with Arthritis and Rheumatism) team.
Interested consortia are invited to submit a collaboration request online.
Due to lack of capacity, EULAR is currently unable to accept new requests for collaboration with research consortia. We will resume this activity as of July 2023.
The EULAR team provides the following support for consortia research projects:
- Providing the patient perspective to inform and co-develop all aspects of a research project (e.g., work packages, tasks, deliverables) through the collaboration with patient research partners (PRPs) from the EULAR network.
- Support with convening patients for Patient Advisory Groups, Steering and/or Executive Committees, Ethics Boards.
- Advising, monitoring, and evaluating the project’s impact on patients’ lives and health outcomes.
- Providing tailored training for patients and/or researchers to help achieve the project’s objectives and results.
- Advising on and assistance with disseminating project findings and materials to diverse patient communities and the general public through the EULAR communication channels.
- Consortia must be based in EULAR-affiliated countries.
- Consortia must apply for funding external to EULAR (e.g., Horizon Europe, Innovative Medicines Initiative).
- EULAR must be recognised as a full partner in the consortia (including the assignment of a budget to carry out its activities during the project).
Terms and Conditions
Support will depend on EULAR PARE’s capacity to deal with requests, as well as on the projects’ relevance to PARE’s mission and community.
EULAR expects a high standard in the conduct of research it supports. For researchers this includes scientific integrity and adherence to the principles of good research practice. Patients subjected to investigation shall be included with due adherence to the declaration of Helsinki.
Previous and ongoing consortia partnerships
Sign Up to the EULAR Research Newsletter
To keep up to date with EULAR and developments around the EULAR Research Centre, sign up to receive the Newsletter here.
Related News Stories
- RMD Open Viewpoint: Levelling the playing field of RMD research across Europe to address patients’ needs: the emerging EULAR Research Centre
- EULAR Launches Impact of RMDs Survey
EULAR Launches RheumaFacts
The EULAR Research Consultation Service
How does it work and what can you get?
EULAR Research Interview Series
Contact the Research team at firstname.lastname@example.org