EULAR Clinical Research Support
The EULAR Clinical Research Support offers services in a range of areas for investigators as they endeavour to develop and execute high-quality clinical research focused on rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases.
|Service areas||Support examples||
|Discussion of research idea and specific aims||Development of research question, study aims.||Request a free consultation|
|Study design||Selection of study design, study population and controls, power analysis/sampling strategy, statistical methods||Request a free consultation|
|Data collection and management||Design of data collection and management plan, database design||Request a free consultation|
|Protocol review||Advice on written sections of a protocol||Request a free consultation|
|Regulatory support||Required elements, patient information sheets||Resources coming soon!|
|Participant recruitment||Role of point-of-care recruitment in rheumatology, cross-continent recognition||Resources coming soon!|
|Data analysis||Advice on conducting data analysis, multiple imputation, statistical issues, modeling||Request a free consultation|
|Research reporting||Responding to reviewers, understanding why a paper was rejected, reporting research data, data visualization, and writing tips for successful academic articles.||Request a free consultation|
Acknowledgment of EULAR Research Support
All publications and projects resulting from the utilization of the EULAR Research Consultation Service are required to credit EULAR.
- If the project was supported by one or more EULAR consultants and you would like to acknowledge them by name in the manuscript, please request their permission.
- Citation language: "We thank [Name of consultant] who supported the study in [his/her] role as a consultant for the Research Consultation Service offered through the European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology (EULAR). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does no necessarily represent the official views of EULAR."
Questions: Please contact email@example.com
The service will be available to investigators who are currently residing and working in EULAR-affiliated countries. Support will be limited to 2 annual projects per investigator per calendar year.
- The service is free for the first two years after launch. Early adopters are expected to provide feedback to improve the service offerings.
- After the pilot pase, a graded fee system will be introduced, including free initial consultation services, that will be continued for modest fee recovery, lines pro-rata to the amount of consultation service utilised.
Participation of Patient Research Partners
It is highly-desirable that patient research partners will be involved in any projects that EULAR will support.
Diversity and Inclusiveness Statement
EULAR welcomes applications from a diverse pool of highly talented scientists with diverse backgrounds in EULAR-affiliated countries. Individuals from racial and ethnic groups that may be underrepresented in RMD research are encouraged to apply.
This EULAR Consultation Service is part of a series of efforts to broaden research access and build capacity across every facet of the European scientific research enterprise - from basic laboratory research to clinical and translational research to policy formation. The Research Centre seeks to build the intellectual depth, research subject expertise, creativity and a wide range of skill sets and viewpoints that can furnish these ambitions.
The Consultants will hold in strict confidence all information, which he/she knows or should know that it is confidential. In particular, the Consultant will hold all information relating to the requestor's research project in strict confidence, except instructed otherwise by the researcher in writing (e-mail is sufficient). This undertaking shall continue to be in force for a duration of 3 years after the termination of the Consultation Service agreement.
EULAR expects a high standard in the conduct of research it supports. For researchers this includes scientific integrity and adherence to the principles of good research practice. Patients subjected to investigation shall be included with due adherence to the declaration of Helsinki.
Terms and Conditions
During the 2-year pilot phase, the Research support will be free to investigators from EULAR-affiliated countries as defined above. Support will be limited to 2 annual projects per investigators.
Sign up to the EULAR Research Newsletter
To keep up to date with EULAR and developments around the EULAR Research Centre, sign up to receive the Newsletter here.
The EULAR Research Consultation Service
How does it work and what can you get?
Related news stories
- EULAR Launches new service to provide expert research advice for translational science investigators across Europe
EULAR Launches Consultation Service to Provide Expert Research Advice for Investigators in EULAR-Affiliated Countries
- EULAR Launches Virtual Research Centre
EULAR Research Interview Series
Opportunities and challenges in rheumatology research in Hungary
- EULAR's Scientific Training Grant Helps Slovenian Master Student Develop Critical Research Skills in Experimental Rheumatology
- Why mentoring matters: EULAR explores mentoring needs among RMD researchers
Contact the Research team at firstname.lastname@example.org